Thursday, February 26, 2009

Unforgiven


It wasn’t politics or the weather that residents, office workers and business operators in SS2, Petaling Jaya, were talking about yesterday.

The talk centred on a man who had knelt down in front of a parking spot on Tuesday to beg forgiveness from his wife.

Admitting he had cheated on her during their five-year marriage, 30-year-old Kelvin Ng from Ampang made a bunting to profess his love for her, showering her with promises of a better life ahead.

“I know I have wronged her many times in the past, but I just want to be a better husband and father to my family.”

His misdeeds included criticising his wife’s looks in front of his friends, and not being there for her when she was giving birth to their children.

The couple has a son and a daughter, aged three and one, respectively.

Ng’s story appeared in yesterday’s edition of the Sin Chew Daily. Those who had seen Ng were divided into two groups. While one group was sympathetic and tried to help him by calling his wife to try and get her to forgive him, the other felt that he had it coming.

When Sin Chew Daily contacted Ng’s wife, she said she was determined to divorce him.

“There was a time when I loved this man very much. But he has hurt me too deeply for me to take him back. He was never a good father and I want what is best for my children.” Malay Mail

The guy has admitted his transgressions in a big way. How many would even say sorry let alone kneel in public. I wish him well.

No comments:

Post a Comment